Mycotoxins Test | Premier Wellness | Wellington, FL

Mycotoxins Test

  • Mycotoxins are some of the most prevalent toxins in the environment. Mycotoxins are metabolites produced by fungi like mold, which can infest buildings, vehicles, and foodstuffs. A majority of mycotoxin exposures are through food ingestion or airborne exposure. In the European Union, 20% of all grains harvested have been found to be contaminated with mycotoxins.

    Fungi are able to grow on almost any surface, especially if the environment is warm and wet. Inner wall materials of buildings, wall paper, FIBERGLASS insulation, ceiling tiles, and gypsum support are all good surfaces for fungi to colonize. species)

    RECOMMENDATIONS FOR TREATMENT

    If you or a patient has done a Mycotoxins Test and the results show moderate to high levels of mycotoxins there are things you can do to help the body eliminate the toxins and prevent future exposures. The first step is to eliminate or reduce exposure to mold. The majority of exposures result from contaminated food, skin contact, and inhalation of spore-borne toxins, which is often caused by water-damaged buildings. Inhalation of spore-borne toxins can be limited by detecting and eliminating damp and moldy environments, both indoor and outdoor.

    Mold can enter homes through open windows, vents, doorways, and heating and air conditioning systems. Mold grows well on organic products such as paper, wood, cardboard, and ceiling tiles. Mold can also grow on insulation, drywall, wallpaper, carpet, fabric, and upholstery. Mold can be controlled by cleaning and drying after water intrusion; having proper ventilation for showers, laundry, and cooking areas; making sure that windows, roofs, and pipes are free of leaks; and by controlling humidity levels. After moisture problems are alleviated it is recommended that mold removal be performed by a licensed contractor. Attempts to remove mold may cause mold spores to scatter and spread to other areas. In addition, treating mold without proper ventilation could result in health problems caused by the release of mycotoxins from the mold spores.

    Treatment for mold exposure should include fluid support to prevent dehydration. The drug Oltipraz can increase glutathione conjugation of mold toxins while inhibiting the toxic effect of P450 oxidation, reducing liver toxicity and promoting safer elimination. A diet of carrots, parsnips, celery, and parsley may reduce the carcinogenic effects of mold. Bentonite clay and zeolite clay are reported to reduce the absorption of mold found in food. Supplementation with chlorophyllin, zinc, A, E, C, NAC, rosmarinic acid, and liposomal glutathione alone or in combination have been shown to mitigate the oxidative effects of mold.


Join The wellness family